Organic farming is based on respect for the natural cycles of land, water, plants and animals and consequently people too. It denotes respect for the planet. Organic farming meets the needs of consumers who are looking for genuine, natural, healthy products. Organic crops are grown according to Council Regulation (EC) no. 834/ 2007 and in Italy are monitored by bodies recognized by the Department of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies. The organic farming method prohibits the use of chemically synthesized substances (pesticides, weed killers or fertilizers), allowing only the use of natural fertilizers. It respects and contributes to supporting the eco system and the environment (useful insects, wild grasses, crop balance and rotation).
Organic farming does not involve genetically modified organisms and/or derived products.
The aims of organic farming are to:
– increase the nutritional levels of crops and obtain a more genuine flavour;
– make the land more fertile;
– avoid all forms of pollution, not only of foods but of all components of the environment;
– decrease energy consumption;
– help farmers remain on their land, by means of valorizing their production.
For our products we have, whenever possible, chosen certified ingredients and virtually our entire range thus has Organic certification.